Jackie was out shopping with her pal in Lush when she spotted a free sample counter filled with what she assumed was food – thankfully the funny moment was caught on camera and shared on TikTok
A video of a sales assistant’s hilarious reaction to a woman mistaking a piece of soap for food has gone viral.
The woman, Jackie, was browsing in Lush with her pal when she set her sights on what she thought was a free sample of food to try.
Eager to give it a taste, she popped it in her mouth and began to chew it.
But as she did so, the retail assistant spotted her and was in complete shock at what he had seen.
He then started laughing, before telling the customer that what she’d just eaten was actually a piece of soap, not food.
Jackie shared the video on her TikTok @jackiegansky, where it has racked up more than 2.2 million views at the time of writing, and 19,000 comments from people in hysterics.
One person said: “THE MAN WAS TOO STUNNED TO SPEAK.”
Another wrote: “She even chewed it immediately.”
“Why would a soap store have anything other than SOAP samples? LMAOOOO,” exclaimed a third.
Someone else put: “‘No no no it’s soap’ got me farting on the floor HAHHAAHAH.”
The clip was also later shared on a Reddit thread full of funny fails, where users shared stories of their own.
“At a wedding one time, a guy at our table thought the flower-looking butter was white chocolate so he popped one in his mouth. Everyone stopped talking and just looked at him, he decided to roll with it and eat it but wasn’t thrilled,” said one person.
Another admitted: “I was at a restaurant with my partner and dog. They brought the bill with two cookies. I, a lover of desserts, immediately pop one in my mouth while the waiter yells in exasperation ‘they’re not for humans! They were treats for my dog.”
While a third commented: “I had this same look once…was at a hibachi grill with a friend. I told them the big glob was wasabi and do not eat it by itself…to add it to the food in small amounts. I look over after just taking a bit to see my friend eating the whole thing of wasabi. Lol He did not have a good time afterwards.”